PDA

View Full Version : Young moon



Randitola
02-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Managed to finally get out again with my camera after a bit of a photo-hiatus! Captured Monday night 1.9 days after New Moon. This moon is 4% lit by the sun. The other 96% is lit by earthshine - light reflecting off the Earth back to the moon.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8232/8468490976_507503b02c_c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/77916250@N06/8468490976/)
DSC_0006 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/77916250@N06/8468490976/) by Randitola (http://www.flickr.com/people/77916250@N06/), on Flickr

aubintbay
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Nicely done Randitola! Love the colours. Nice to see someone else from Tbay posting..........I'm getting tired of that other guy:evil2:

Matt K.
02-13-2013, 11:10 PM
Cool, dig it a lot. Love the whole thing, street light and all. Great image.

Iguanasan
02-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Nice. I like that the shot is minimal yet still has context. :thumbup:

Randitola
02-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Thanks gang for the encouraging comments....

Hillbillygirl
02-17-2013, 05:45 AM
I always liked shots that take a lot of thought, and minimalistic shots are sometimes the hardest, and this one is done very well Randitola.

I