PDA

View Full Version : Me, myself and I

Michaelaw
02-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I thought I'd throw up a self portrait, sort of good to know what members look like at least for me:) I took this when I first got my E-3 about six months ago. I was dying to try out the wireless flash. I placed a strobe and umbrella up and off to my right about three feet then set another light behind and to my left with a plastic diffuser cup strapped on. It was the first wireless flash shot ever for me. Anyway...It's the HAM in me that makes me share this:D

http://www.redzonefilms.com/pics2/selfp.jpg

tomorrowstreasures
02-24-2009, 03:11 PM
man Michael - even a self portrait is crystal clear!! i was going to say "lovely" shot - but decided you would probably prefer "handsome, manly" shot! either way - well done!

kiley9806
02-24-2009, 03:13 PM
nice to 'see' you mike! for some reason, you totally fit the picture in my head... that rarely happens!
and good photo too - your eyes, skin, & hair detail is fabulous... obviously great use of light!

kat
02-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Nope..not what I expected..but yet now that I see you, it is now...lol. Great lighting!!!

Hmm..gonna have to start a "self portrait" thread for all us memebers... :)

Mad Aussie
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I like any photo with purposely created shadows and harsh light ... nice texture.

Self portraits ... not something I favour for myself but enjoy seeing others.

Iguanasan
02-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey! I'll throw in my 2 cents as well. Nice capture. Nice to "meet" you!

jjeling
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Nice shot of yourself. If you were to write a book, I could see this being on the back, or on the inside cover as a 'meet the author' page. Enjoy the wireless flash, keep them coming. Welcome!

Lovin
02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Nice shot, and good quality.
Do you have any sunsets photos with your E3? :D
I'm asking you this because I'm still not decided what to buy next : D300 or E3.

Thank you

Michaelaw
02-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Nice shot, and good quality.
Do you have any sunsets photos with your E3? :D
I'm asking you this because I'm still not decided what to buy next : D300 or E3.

Thank you

As you well know...it's rumored that Vancouver has a sun behind all those clouds but I've yet to get a shot of it setting:) Sorry Lovin, I have never done any sunsets that I can recall.

Thanks for all the comments for my mug shot....I'll never do it again...promise:)

Cheers