Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Any takers on Nikons new FX D700?

This is a discussion on Any takers on Nikons new FX D700? within the Camera equipment & accessories forums, part of the Education & Technical category; It's a bargain at $2999.00.... who's buying it?...

  1. #1
    Travis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville Muskoka
    Posts
    678

    Default Any takers on Nikons new FX D700?

    It's a bargain at $2999.00.... who's buying it?
    ______________________

    Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70 2.8 . Nikkor 70-200 2.8 . Nikkor 50mm 1.8 . Sigma 105mm 2.8 . Tokina 12-24 4 . SB-600 . 2xVivitar 285

  2. #2
    Marko's Avatar
    Marko is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC. Canada
    Posts
    14,116
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    I'm salivating on this one....and you are right. I want it. I don't need it - i just want it.

    Here's a link to the camera with 2 reviews at the end.
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/01/n...d-demystified/
    - Please connect with me further
    Photo tours of Montreal - Private photography courses
    - Join the new Photography.ca Facebook page
    - Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/markokulik
    - Follow me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111159185852360398018/posts
    - Check out the photography podcast


    "You have to milk the cow quite a lot, and get plenty of milk to get a little cheese." Henri Cartier-Bresson from The Decisive Moment.

  3. #3
    tirediron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    It's a bargain at $2999.00.... who's buying it?
    I'm not entirely sure it is a bargain. Really, for an extra $1000.00 all you're getting over the D300 is a full-frame sensor. They've also taken a few shortcuts such as eliminating the CF card release mechanism; it's now just a push/pull. I think I'll save up a little more and get a couple of D3 bodies when they release the D4 (or whatever it turns out to be). I know they needed a competitor for the Canon 5D, but I don't think they went about it the right way.

  4. #4
    Nikki2291 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Oh my god...that camera is expensive
    Captured Beauty. <----My photography title.

  5. #5
    tirediron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki2291 View Post
    Oh my god...that camera is expensive

    No, This camera is expensive (Right around 40K IIRC). The D700 is just moderately priced.

  6. #6
    Travis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville Muskoka
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it is a bargain. Really, for an extra $1000.00 all you're getting over the D300 is a full-frame sensor. They've also taken a few shortcuts such as eliminating the CF card release mechanism; it's now just a push/pull. I think I'll save up a little more and get a couple of D3 bodies when they release the D4 (or whatever it turns out to be). I know they needed a competitor for the Canon 5D, but I don't think they went about it the right way.
    I dunno... I could see a lot of D300 hobbyists jumping ship for the full frame.... At least... I'm hoping.... This way I can buy a used D300 for a sweet deal....
    ______________________

    Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70 2.8 . Nikkor 70-200 2.8 . Nikkor 50mm 1.8 . Sigma 105mm 2.8 . Tokina 12-24 4 . SB-600 . 2xVivitar 285

  7. #7
    tirediron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    I dunno... I could see a lot of D300 hobbyists jumping ship for the full frame.... At least... I'm hoping.... This way I can buy a used D300 for a sweet deal....
    Well, the way I see it, my D300 with battery grip meets or exceeds everything the D2xs had with the exception of the secondary LCD panel on the back and the viewfinder shutter - that was the top-end pro body a year ago... Do I really need to upgrade already? Besides some of those DX lenses are killer (10.5 and the 17-55; sweet!)

    I definitely want to go full-frame, but I think I'll wait a generation or two; no one's complaining about the quality of my work so far (at least from a technical point of view).

  8. #8
    Travis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville Muskoka
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post
    Well, the way I see it, my D300 with battery grip meets or exceeds everything the D2xs had with the exception of the secondary LCD panel on the back and the viewfinder shutter - that was the top-end pro body a year ago... Do I really need to upgrade already? Besides some of those DX lenses are killer (10.5 and the 17-55; sweet!)

    I definitely want to go full-frame, but I think I'll wait a generation or two; no one's complaining about the quality of my work so far (at least from a technical point of view).

    ahhh.... common.... you know you need it NOW! How much for your D300?
    ______________________

    Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70 2.8 . Nikkor 70-200 2.8 . Nikkor 50mm 1.8 . Sigma 105mm 2.8 . Tokina 12-24 4 . SB-600 . 2xVivitar 285

  9. #9
    tirediron is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    ahhh.... common.... you know you need it NOW! How much for your D300?
    Lessee.... D700 is $3000... Howsabout $2999.99?

  10. #10
    Travis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville Muskoka
    Posts
    678

    Default

    meh...........
    ______________________

    Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70 2.8 . Nikkor 70-200 2.8 . Nikkor 50mm 1.8 . Sigma 105mm 2.8 . Tokina 12-24 4 . SB-600 . 2xVivitar 285

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36