Results 1 to 5 of 5

Street vendor

This is a discussion on Street vendor within the Critiques forums, part of the Photography & Fine art photography category; I've not down any street photography, but I'm guessing you have to work with what you have to get the ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Richard's Avatar
    Richard is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,818
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    I've not down any street photography, but I'm guessing you have to work with what you have to get the best composition. I quite like this shot and because it's not in the UK it adds more interest for me.

    I'm not sure what you were trying to achieve with the post processing, but IMO it is lacking the darker tones, and a little noisy in the shadows.

    Did you get any close ups of the 'street vendor?'

  2. #2
    Michaelaw's Avatar
    Michaelaw is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Posts
    4,838
    My Photos
    Please ask before editing my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    It was experimental in a lot of ways as its about 25% of the original shot which was totally boring. I thought perhaps I could pull something out of it but ran into problems because of the crop. I then got carried away with trying to rescue it with pp. In the end I think I lost objectivity but still had a glimmer of hope After looking at it again after many hours I realize it was one for the bin. The effect is sort or sharpened Orton but there isn't enough interest to to give it any real worth. Maybe if the guy with his back to us had been robbing the vendor or something It's another case of late night processing ending up in "I dunno, lets see what they think" Thanks for the input. I didn't get any more of the vendor Richard as she wasn't the focal point of the original shot sadly, just a small player in a rescue gone wrong

  3. #3
    masp is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    122
    My Photos
    Please feel free to edit my photos

    Default

    Hmm, maybe crop the car wheel on the left hand side, or to the walk light (seems a little distracting), as well as up to the W. Georgia sign on the right. Putting a little more emphasis on the people and less on the cars might help. Cropping the bottom a bit may help too. Just my two-cents.

    Overall though, I like the picture. I think black and white (with a little sepia?) was a good choice as it reduces distracting elements from colorful objects. It's interesting to see what Vancouver looks like. Cheers!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36