Results 1 to 9 of 9

Podcast #50 has been released!

This is a discussion on Podcast #50 has been released! within the Podcasting forums, part of the Education & Technical category; ...

  1. #1
    Marko's Avatar
    Marko is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC. Canada
    Posts
    14,120
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default Podcast #50 has been released!

    Wow - hard to believe it but we are coming up on episode #50!!!! This makes me so happy and we plan to release our 50th episode on Monday. This episode will be full of photography tips so please stay tuned!!!
    Id like to thank all of the listeners and contributors and interviewees, and the many many people that have sent in thankful, encouraging and constructive comments via the blog - forum and through email. I do this podcast for the love of photography and for the of love of teaching but it really helps when there is a fantastic community behind you!
    I hope to record the next 50 shows with your helpful comments and suggestions.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Marko
    - Please connect with me further
    Photo tours of Montreal - Private photography courses
    - Join the new Photography.ca Facebook page
    - Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/markokulik
    - Follow me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111159185852360398018/posts
    - Check out the photography podcast


    "You have to milk the cow quite a lot, and get plenty of milk to get a little cheese." Henri Cartier-Bresson from The Decisive Moment.

  2. #2
    Travis is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville Muskoka
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    Wow - hard to believe it but we are coming up on episode #50!!!! This makes me so happy and we plan to release our 50th episode on Monday. This episode will be full of photography tips so please stay tuned!!!
    Id like to thank all of the listeners and contributors and interviewees, and the many many people that have sent in thankful, encouraging and constructive comments via the blog - forum and through email. I do this podcast for the love of photography and for the of love of teaching but it really helps when there is a fantastic community behind you!
    I hope to record the next 50 shows with your helpful comments and suggestions.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Marko
    wow!! way to go Marko.... I love your podcasts.... especially how you are able to keep it flowing in obscure places... like in a park with distractions... or in your car with heavy rain... too funny!!
    ______________________

    Nikon D300, Nikkor 24-70 2.8 . Nikkor 70-200 2.8 . Nikkor 50mm 1.8 . Sigma 105mm 2.8 . Tokina 12-24 4 . SB-600 . 2xVivitar 285

  3. #3
    Marko's Avatar
    Marko is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC. Canada
    Posts
    14,120
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default Podcast # 50 was released today

    The podcast which is a fast recap of the many topics covered in the first 49 podcasts was released today.

    Thanks so much everyone - as always comments here and on the blog are greatly appreciated.

    http://www.photography.ca/blog/?p=103
    - Please connect with me further
    Photo tours of Montreal - Private photography courses
    - Join the new Photography.ca Facebook page
    - Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/markokulik
    - Follow me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111159185852360398018/posts
    - Check out the photography podcast


    "You have to milk the cow quite a lot, and get plenty of milk to get a little cheese." Henri Cartier-Bresson from The Decisive Moment.

  4. #4
    Yisehaq's Avatar
    Yisehaq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ethiopia
    Posts
    977
    My Photos
    Please feel free to edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    Hi Marko,
    Very nice summary indeed.

  5. #5
    Yisehaq's Avatar
    Yisehaq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ethiopia
    Posts
    977
    My Photos
    Please feel free to edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    Heard it again and have a question about shutter speed.

    "The minimum usable shutter speed is 1/focal length minimum."

    1. I have a lens 75-300 do I have always to shoot at 1/300 even if I am shooting at 75 or 100? or does it depend on the focal length I am shooting or the maximum focal length of the lens

    2. What about those lenses that say IS? Is the rule the same or can you go a bit lower.

  6. #6
    Marko's Avatar
    Marko is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC. Canada
    Posts
    14,120
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yisehaq View Post
    Heard it again and have a question about shutter speed.

    "The minimum usable shutter speed is 1/focal length minimum."

    1. I have a lens 75-300 do I have always to shoot at 1/300 even if I am shooting at 75 or 100? or does it depend on the focal length I am shooting or the maximum focal length of the lens

    2. What about those lenses that say IS? Is the rule the same or can you go a bit lower.
    1 -I should have been clearer - if using the 75 or 100 portion it's (supposed to be )1/75 or 1/100. The thinking is that most lenses expand outward so you need a faster shutter speed to steady the camera. Personally though, I have found that I need to go almost a full stop faster though for my own camera/lens combinations.

    2 - That depends on the lens. You're supposed to be able to go lower though.

    hope that helps,

    Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 08-20-2008 at 09:21 AM.
    - Please connect with me further
    Photo tours of Montreal - Private photography courses
    - Join the new Photography.ca Facebook page
    - Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/markokulik
    - Follow me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111159185852360398018/posts
    - Check out the photography podcast


    "You have to milk the cow quite a lot, and get plenty of milk to get a little cheese." Henri Cartier-Bresson from The Decisive Moment.

  7. #7
    scorpio_e's Avatar
    scorpio_e is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Easton Pa
    Posts
    524
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Only critique photos posted in the critique forum

    Default Pod Cast 50

    Well done Marko !!!
    Pod cast 50 was the first Podcast that I heard from you. It was quite a summary and faasssssttttt. I enjoyed listing to it and your location work. I loved the presentation and now I am working my way backwards.

    Keep up the great work.

  8. #8
    baddness is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marko View Post
    1 -I should have been clearer - if using the 75 or 100 portion it's (supposed to be )1/75 or 1/100. The thinking is that most lenses expand outward so you need a faster shutter speed to steady the camera. Personally though, I have found that I need to go almost a full stop faster though for my own camera/lens combinations.

    2 - That depends on the lens. You're supposed to be able to go lower though.

    hope that helps,

    Marko
    What if using the 75-300 to shoot sports action? Outside and inside (hockey)? Should the shutter speed be set high despite zooming in and out?

  9. #9
    Marko's Avatar
    Marko is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Montreal, QC. Canada
    Posts
    14,120
    My Photos
    Please do NOT edit my photos
    Critiques
    Critique my photos anywhere in the forum

    Default

    Yes freezing action needs a higher shutter speed regardless of focal length.
    - Please connect with me further
    Photo tours of Montreal - Private photography courses
    - Join the new Photography.ca Facebook page
    - Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/markokulik
    - Follow me on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/111159185852360398018/posts
    - Check out the photography podcast


    "You have to milk the cow quite a lot, and get plenty of milk to get a little cheese." Henri Cartier-Bresson from The Decisive Moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36